A warm welcome to the 245 new subscribers who joined since the last newsletter! It's time for your monthly update on GA4 and BigQuery.
New articles on GA4BigQuery
Since the last newsletter we have added 2 new articles:
- How to create a GA4 item / product performance report in BigQuery
- How to get the GA4 property id from the BigQuery export metadata and join it with your event data
Google adds example queries for GA4 user-data export
While the daily export of (pseudonymous) users still seems incomplete and lacks actionable audience information, Google did add some example queries on how to crunch the user-data export (if link seems dead, copy and paste it in a new tab and load the page).
The article contains some potential useful queries to retrieve the
user_pseudo_id of all users who recently changed a specific user property, and one to understand why the user-data export included or excluded different categories of users.
If only the data export would work like expected...
The maximum number of rows for results returned using the Google Sheets feature Connected Sheets has increased:
- Pivot tables increased from 30,000 to 50,000 rows
- Data extracts increased from 25,000 to 50,000 rows
Sometimes a small change like this one makes a feature even more powerful.
Relevant blog posts and resources from the community
- You’ve turned on GA4 BigQuery export – what now?
- GA4 and BigQuery: how to match the console traffic grouping metrics
- Using GA4 real-time data from BigQuery (streaming export)
- How to connect BigQuery to Looker Studio to bypass GA4 transfer limits
- How to load Google Analytics 4 dataset into Snowflake with BigQuery & Azure Data Factory
- Analyze AB tests in GA4 via BigQuery
- How to set up GA4 reporting in Looker Studio using BigQuery Export
- How can the Modern Data Stack help teams overcome the limitations of GA4 / GO sunset
- How Accurate is HyperLogLog++ in GA4?
- GA4 custom channel grouping BigQuery SQL builder
- Podcast interview with Khrystyna Grynko (Cloud Customer Engineer @ Google) on BigQuery and SQL
- GA4 - The CDP you didn't know you had
- Unlocking insights: How to decode nested Google Analytics data in BigQuery with SQL
That's it for now. Thanks for reading and happy querying!